“Intelligence is the ability to adapt appropriately to change”
WHO WE ARE?
Rend Sports Academy is a basketball and athletic performance training academy based in Dublin, Ireland. Rend Sports Academy is focused on getting dedicated, young athletes better, through developing their leadership, athleticism and subtleties of the game. Regardless of your age or level of experience, we want to assist you in your development and help you perform at your best. Email us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Basketball/Performance Training: Work with one of our coaches on an individual or small group basis to improve your game. Sessions will focus on applicable weaknesses of the athlete and include:
- strength training
- building core strength
- developing speed & agility
- improving technical skills
- building fundamental blocks
2. Basketball Camps: Register for one of our upcoming skill camps and work on leadership development, communication training, and refine your basketball specific skills to continue your development as a basketball player. Camps include:
- fundamental skills development
- leadership and communication training
- sports psychology workshops
- strength training concepts
- developing basketball IQ.
Is coaching less more effective in the long run? We’ve all seen coaches who have a presence on the court. A certain aura as they move around demanding, controlling, roaring instructions, giving feedback, constantly correcting skills and directing players from drill to drill. On the outset, it looks amazing. The coach seems to be in constant … Continue reading imPACTT coaching – When less means more!
WHY DO I COACH BASKETBALL? I coach basketball for a living and have dedicated the last number of years of my life to the sport and all that it brings. Late nights, early mornings, long weekends, emotional players, demanding administrations, over involved parents and uneven working hours. Oh, and did I mention low wages? Of course, I’m … Continue reading Making an imPACTT!
This section contains information that players, parents and coaches may find beneficial to them.
Coaches can find articles on various player development topics, tips on coaching, plays, drills and also links to websites that may be useful. Continue reading “Resources”